Monday, September 27, 2010

Arroz, sol, e festa!

Rice, sun, and party. That's pretty much what i do. Oh, and school too.
My host mother makes rice and beans with pretty much every meal! The food is sooo good!

I don't know why there is a culture of tanning. Huh? I'm trying to avoid the sun and you're trying to soak it? On a U.V. scale, it is 10 here in Salvador pretty much all the time. That's really dangerous! It's the 2nd to last on the end of the danger spectrum. Definitely don't need skin cancer or anything like that. But i do need to even out my "krispy-kreme: glaze" arm and leg tan. It's bad.

Ahhhhh I am in Brazil. I bought my ticket to go to Rio de Janeiro next month!!!

I need to start doing stuff that is productive, such as volunteering or learning how to play a percussion instrument. My host brother and his friends can play the guitar. Last night, his friend played "Is this love" by Bob Marley and he sang it in English. It was awesome.

Brazil has a lot of weird animals, such as a monkey-squirrel that acts as my alarm at 5am every day!!! They are tiny. Also, açaí is soooo good! I did not know it existed. There's a place that specializes in it right by my house. I want to go right now!! it's 8:11pm. It's made into some type of liquid/sorbet/ ahhh just so good.

I miss being in the states, but Brazil is beautiful.
tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment